- Review the Eligibility criteria.
- Create your user profile and entry form by clicking here, or using the link on our home page.
- Once your user profile has been created, you can access your applications any time using the "My Applications" link on the left-hand side of the page.
- Complete your order by submitting payment through the checkout link accessed in your cart. An invoice/receipt will be emailed to the email address you provided.
- Log in using your email and password to begin your submission form.
- You can access the submission form by clicking the "My Application" link on the left side of the page, and clicking the "Edit" link for the project you wish to submit.
- Fill out each applicable question for your project (required questions are marked with a red asterisk). A minimum of 6 images is required for each project. You can save your application any time using the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
- Select "Built" or "Unbuilt" subcategory
- Click the "Save and Finalize" button at the bottom of the page to complete your submission. No changes can be made after this point.
The 2019 Design Awards requires the submittal of all materials in digital format.
If the authorship is revealed on any of the images, plans or narrative (outside of the credits section), the entry will be disqualified. All submitted content will be displayed. No images will be hidden from the public gallery.
Number and Type of Images:
A minimum of 6 images/slides and a maximum of 12 images/slides are required. These images/slides should include all plans, diagrams, interior and exterior views required to fully illustrate each entry. Multiple images on individual slides are acceptable and encouraged to help explain the project.
Floor Plans and Site Plans are required for all entries, except Interior projects, which may omit the site plan. Site Plans must include a North arrow and a scale. Other drawings, such as sections, axonometric views, elevations, graphics data, and details may be included.
Views of both interior and exteriors are required for all entries, except Interior projects which may omit the exterior views or exterior projects where the interior design was done by another design professional. Exterior views should show all sides of a project. Exceptions might be projects with many similar buildings. Views, where possible, should show the project in the context of its immediate surroundings (i.e. adjacent streets and buildings).
Exterior views should be primarily daylighted views unless night views relate directly to the project use or effect, such as marquees, or special illumination.
For renovation projects, views taken before and after construction will be accepted when labeled accordingly.
Format & Size of Images:
The digital image files (plans, photos, illustrations) must be submitted as a .jpg .jpeg .png and/or .gif file format. No other formats will be accepted.
The maximum image width is 1,600 pixels. The maximum image height is 900 pixels. The recommended minimum dimension in either direction is 600 pixels.
The maximum file size is 1 MB (1000 KB), however, larger images will result in slower load time. The recommended file size is approximately 600 KB. You can use the "Save for Web & Devices" tool in photoshop to achieve the desired file size.
Please name your files using the following coding: Entry #_DA2019_Image # (For example, if you are entry # 003, your first image would be titled 003_DA2019_01.jpg)
File names should not contain any empty spaces or special characters. Please review the acceptable file formats outlined in the Format & Size of Images section of these instructions.
Text Information (Description, Credits, etc.):
The following text is required for a complete entry:
- Project Description (max. 3,500 characters - approx. 500 words).
This is the entrant's primary opportunity to tell the story of the submitted project in words. Is there a specific inspiration driving the design of the project? Are there special conditions or challenges that are worth noting? The actual content of this narrative is completely up to the individual entrants but ideally should be geared towards helping the jury (and those who may not be familiar with each project) understand the project's background, it's design process and subsequent final result being presented for this year's awards program.
NOTE: Do not include any credit information in the descriptive texts titled "Project Description"
All Residential, Commercial, and INSPIRE Awards Participants are encouraged to submit a board for display at the 2019 AIAOC Design Awards Presentation and Gala.
These boards are for public display only and will not be judged. You are encouraged to include your firm logo on the display boards, however, please do not place your logo on any of the online submittals per the requirements listed within the submittal guidelines, as they are being judged.
All display boards must comply with the following requirements:
- 20" x 20" x 3/16" black foam core board / one per submittal
- Please deliver your display boards(s) by September 13th to the AIAOC OFFICE at 1981 Orchard Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660. Monday-Friday, 9am-2pm. DO NOT LEAVE BOARDS OUTSIDE. Please email Sharon Miller for delivery questions. firstname.lastname@example.org